Terms & Conditions
Punctuality is expected in the industry and it is therefore very important to arrive at The London School of Media Make Up 15 minutes before the 10:00am class start, this will allow you to ‘set up’ your work place for that day.
The school reserves the right to withhold the diploma if you are consistently late, have poor attendance levels or leave before the course is completed. If a student has a bona fide medical reason for absence then at no extra cost can attend that module on the next term dates.
The London School of Media Make Up will also assess suitability for students to continue on the makeup course if any of above or the following rules are broken:
– Maintain courtesy at all times to fellow students, tutors and studio staff.
– No unacceptable language or noise disruption.
– Do not remove School equipment without authorization. Issued make-up kits are for your own use at any time.
– Work places must be left in a tidy and hygienic state each day. This includes kitchen and toilet areas.
Personal belongings left on the premises are at student’s own risk. The London School Of Media Make Up cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage. Models can be brought in on student project days, when appropriate. The London School Of Media Make Up does not supply models. Students must notify The School of any allergies or medical conditions.
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Applications will only be accepted with a 20% deposit to secure a place. The full balance of the fees must be paid by no later than four weeks before the course start date (excluding students paying by payment plan, please see below Payment Terms & Conditions for payment plan students).
Your place may be declined if balance is not paid four weeks prior to start date of your chosen course. All monies are non-refundable.
PAYMENT PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
All payment plan must pay their deposit in full and once signed the payment plan terms and conditions and paper work, is bound to pay the full course fee, over the set term of the contract. Payments unless otherwise stated will start month of completion of the course and will run consecutively every month on the 1st or 3rd of the month, until the full amount and any interest has been settled.
When production companies request make-up artists through The London School Of Media Make Up, we try to fulfil the booking but please note we are not obliged to do so.
Paid work booked through The London School Of Media Make Up and passed to former students is subject to a 20% deduction for administration fee.
The London School of Media Make Up reserves the right to withdraw a course should there not be sufficient participants. In the case of a course being withdrawn, those already registered will receive a full refund (including their deposit) and should they wish to join a later course, will receive priority access to a place on the next available course.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all of our students. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We will endeavour to address your complaint, please be advised that we have eight weeks to consider your complaint.
What will happen next?
– We will send you an acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
– We will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
– Within three days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
– If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
– At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a sole practitioner to review his/her own decision.
– We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.